9 Reasons to volunteer
One of the main reasons to volunteer is to do something you are passionate about. Volunteering will allow you to be committed to something that is close to your heart, extending that passion to others.
2. A positive volunteer experience is important to many employers. It can help you get the job you want in the future. It’s a great way to get real experience in your chosen field, make professional connections in your industry and look fantastic on your resume.
3. Volunteering as an opportunity to connect with others and a way to make new acquaintances. Regardless of your circumstances, volunteering will help you occupy your free time.
4. Volunteering improves the lives of others. Cleaning up trash at a public park, visiting the elderly at a nursing home, giving away unwanted items – any volunteer work makes other people’s lives better!
5. Volunteering makes a better community. Recent studies have shown that “volunteering helps create a more cohesive, safer, and stronger community.”
6. Volunteering reduces stress – proven. Volunteering takes our minds off our own problems and instead focuses on solving other problems. The result is improved mood and lower stress levels.
7. Volunteering improves your mental health. One of the best reasons to volunteer is its impact on your inner state and well-being. The amount of love, and gratitude you receive in return is incommensurable! Studies show that people who volunteer to help other people or animals feel happier and less depressed than their peers.
8. Volunteering will make your life last longer. According to a recent study, seniors who volunteer in their golden years are healthier and live longer than their peers. The reason: they have a reason to get up in the morning and get out of the house.
9. Volunteers improve the world for the better! People who come together to do things they love, help others, clean up the trash, protect animals, etc. make the world a better place!