What is a person’s most pernicious habit? Laziness. It’s ruined a lot of talented, promising and great people. How do you fight laziness? How to become more productive, working and energetic? “Laziness is like rust: it eats away faster than frequent use wears away.” Benjamin Franklin What is laziness? It’s the lack of desire to work and the lack of hard work in life when one prefers to rest. Laziness is considered to be one of the most important vices of a person that prevents him from self-realization. A person refuses to overcome difficulties and follows the path of least resistance. There are many people who have not achieved what they want because of their own laziness. They conceded on the road less intelligent and talented, but more persistent and working. Talentlessness and foolishness break through when the talented remain untapped.
Why is a man lazy? Why does one save energy and strength? Why refuses to make a volitional effort on himself and does not hurry to do the right things? To begin with, one must determine the true reason for his laziness. It is the eternal laziness that entangles us with its spider web. What’s your case of laziness? Why do you want to do nothing?
1. Overfatigue Sometimes we burn out psychologically and get tired. It’s caused by a lot of things when there’s no time to rest and sleep at all. We get tired, we get exhausted, and we fall off our feet. That’s how laziness appears. The best way to eliminate this laziness is to rest, meditate and sleep.
2. Fear of defeat We are afraid to fail, are not sure of our strength and do not believe in victory. The result is “saving” laziness, which frees us from the struggle for the future. Fear of defeat can be overcome by developing our confidence.
3. Lack of specific plans Sometimes we rush from side to side, try different ways, but it does not work. We don’t know at all how to get what we want. We don’t see how we can achieve our goals. Our hands are sinking and our laziness is constraining us. Make a clear plan to achieve what we want. What should we do every day? What are the goals to achieve in the beginning? Make a short and long-term plan for life.
4. The difference between “must” and “want” is great. We do something that is not attractive to us at all. We spend our time on things that aren’t desirable. We dream about one thing, but we do another. We stop and start getting lazy. What do we do? Find motivation for the goals or change the goals themselves. When you do what you love, you have no reason to be lazy.
5. Caseload A huge number of cases causes apathy, sadness and laziness. There’s so much to do that we don’t know what to do in the first place. In the end, we do nothing and sit lazily on the sofa, looking at a mountain of cases. If you don’t know where to start, you set your priorities. Divide all your business into important and urgent, important and non-urgent, unimportant and urgent, unimportant and non-urgent. Do the first thing first, and then the second thing. Do not do third and fourth unimportant things at all. Don’t waste your time and energy.
6. Unpreparedness for struggle It is a matter of dreaming about a goal, and another matter of achieving it. Sometimes we face unsolvable difficulties and problems. There is no end or edge to trouble. We gradually give up. It’s easier to be lazy and do nothing than fight. Some tasks are very difficult, that we can not solve them at our level of understanding. There’s a need for help from outside. Mentor advice, training and self-development.
7. Hope for a miracle Many of us like to hope for a miracle and awoks. But miracles happen only in fairy tales, and in real life such miracles do not happen. Waiting for better conditions or incredible luck is pointless. Any victory is the result of action, not lazy waiting.
8. Lack of habit Often people get used to lazy and sluggish life. They float with the current and are not used to the stormy activity. A lack of habit to a vigorous and active life has a bad effect on results. Productive, active and active people are more likely to be successful. Maybe you should try the image of an energy-filled energy-jaser?
9. Lack of motivation and hopelessness What do we get if we learn a foreign language or learn a new specialty? We will have to try right now, and the result will be only after a long time. Even if we do a certain amount of work, we will not get a guaranteed new job or a large salary. A person starts to get lazy. It should be clearly understood that the right and regular actions will lead to the right results. Even if not immediately, but after some time.
10. The desire for peace and relaxation Sometimes there are times when you just want to relax. You have no desires, but only want to be lazy and idle. It can be because of overwork and weak physical shape. It is important to give yourself a little rest, to start working out and eating properly. There will be strength, and with it, laziness will go away.
How do you get rid of laziness? “Laziness is a habit of resting before you get tired.” Jules Renard Are there any effective ways to fight laziness? All people are unique and each person has a different way. But there are universal methods that help fight laziness and idleness.
1. Get up early and get some sleep Try to sleep at least 7-8 hours a day. To do this, teach yourself to lie down and get up at a certain time. When you get up on the alarm clock right away, it’s good for self-organization. Make up your bed, do your exercise and get started on your morning chores. Maintaining a clear daily routine will help you become more disciplined.
2. Adjust your mood Positive or depressed person? Fun or boring? Optimistic or depressive? Everyone loves a cheerful and cheerful person. Positive people more easily endure difficulties and find language with others. Don’t let your mood spoil your life. Be optimistic about difficulties and do not worry about trifles.
3. Time-consuming and time-consuming factors Social networks, TV and the Internet take away your most important resources. Your time and energy are wasted, which increases your feeling of laziness. Gradually, a person slips into idleness. Less time is wasted on useless things until laziness drags you to the bottom.
4. Set goals and challenge yourself Laziness is formed in those people who live without goals in life. What do you want to get out of life? What do you deserve? Don’t be afraid to set significant and ambitious goals. Be afraid to want nothing and give up without a fight.
5. Communicate with similar people If your friend is stupid, lazy and without ambition, what do you do with him? Lazy man + smart man = two lazy. The best way to find motivation and strength is to find the right like-minded people. Talk to the people you want to be equal to. With whom it’s interesting, fun and fresh. Who’s smarter, stronger and better than you.
6. Plan your affairs Without a clear plan, you can’t achieve your dreams. Plan business for today, tomorrow, next week, month and years. Planning makes you more productive. Priorities will be completed faster and cases will not accumulate. Planning makes you more productive by an order of magnitude.
7. Give motivation and inspiration Imagine what you want to achieve. What happens if your dreams come true? How will you be happy and satisfied with yourself? Visualize future success, thank life for positive change. Look for motivation inside yourself and out.
8. Look for diversity and new ideas Laziness and reluctance to do something? You’ve been standing there too long that you’ve been lazy. Go to educational seminars, development events and any new places. Talk to new people and try new things. Novelty lights a fire in us, and routine gives birth to laziness. Find new favorite activities that will give a charge of positive emotions.
9. Avoid excuses and do not feel sorry for yourself Often we are lazy and make excuses for idleness. It’s too complicated, too hard, too long and too impossible. It’s easy to make excuses. But how do you accept that you’ll be in today’s point for the rest of your life? You’ll be sadder every year that nothing changes for the better. It’s time to stop feeling sorry for yourself and throw away excuses.
10. Change Every day, work on your positive habits and get rid of negative ones. Good habits lead to a good life, and negative habits lead to a social bottom. Useful habits will help get rid of laziness and improve yourself. Positive changes and habits lead to a successful life. Wellbeing depends on change. There are no insurmountable difficulties, but there are difficulties that are lazy to overcome. How do you get rid of laziness forever? Shake your life. Start a new page of your life where you are more energetic, wise, active, positive, optimistic, athletic, friendly and communicative. Feel like you’re at the helm of a sailboat fighting a storm for your life. Go out for a run, do the right thing, get to know people and take on something new. Say “no” to laziness. Say yes to adventure, happiness and a new prosperous life. Who’s your biggest enemy in life? Laziness!