It seems that rest is easy, and there is no need to learn it. Well, really, you go to a movie or a cafe, so you rest. However, for those who work hard or busy studying, quality rest becomes a real problem. You have to watch the poster, buy tickets in advance, spend money, go somewhere. It’s easier to wave and watch the show. In Gleb Arkhangelsky’s book “Time for rest. For those who work a lot” will get a few dozen useful tips – we chose the most interesting of them.
- Make yourself rested
The first danger awaits us on a normal workday night when nothing else is wanted. In order not to sit in social networks all evening, cut off your ways to retreat in advance. Buy a ticket to a concert, promise your wife a trip to a restaurant, argue with a friend that you will not miss training. And in order not to think on a tired head, right now do a simple exercise “Scenarios of evening rest.
Split the sheet into two columns. On the left, write options for a typical dull evening: “flip through the Instagram”, “sit at the TV”. And on the right, remember the good variants: “walk in your favorite park”, “go to a new exhibition”, “dive into the pool after training in the gym”.
- Set up a “halfway house”
Excellent option for those who meet Friday in a state of squeezed lemon. All you have to do is once a week to finish the business early for 1-2 hours, get out of the office and implement one of the scenarios of evening rest. Do what you don’t have time and energy to do: go to a movie, a water park or a concert. Quality rest in the middle of the week, in the remaining working days you will have time to do much more. Wednesday nights are ideal for a half weekend.
- Plan and optimize your weekend life
Planning a holiday for the weekend is a pleasant pastime, it rarely poses a problem. But a mountain of homework is a real danger of ruining everything. After all, it is at the weekend most of us are used to buy food, do cleaning, washing and cooking.
Here are a few ways to clear the weekend from household chores or significantly reduce the time spent on these activities:
- a) Make to-do lists, assign responsible people and deadlines. It’s just like at work. It will save you a few hours.
- b) Do not copy cases by the weekend. For example, you can start laundry on a Tuesday night.
- c) Delegate. The rest of the family, including the children. Or professionals, but for money (windows can be washed by guys from a special office, for example).
- d) Shop for food on weekdays. Think of the creepy queues and traffic on Sundays.
- e) Use delivery services (food, household chemicals, pet products).
- Come up with rituals
Rituals are necessary not only for work, but also for leisure. The usual action from ritual is distinguished by details. Compare: fry “ready-made shashlik” of incomprehensible or choose a good meat, marinate it with interesting spices, fry on the right grill, serve in a beautiful dish.
Here are some ideas:
- a) Entertainment: cinema, theatre, football.
- b) Body Treatments: bath, massage, spa
- c) Communicating with nature: forest, river, sea
- d) Sport: bike, badminton, skis
- e) Games: board games, cards, chess
(e) Food: kebabs, cake
- Create your vacation rhythm
Dr. Elaine Iker warns that you should not rest less than twice a year, otherwise the risk of heart attack and depression increases significantly. At the same time, it is better to rest a little bit, but more often.
- a) 2 weeks summer + New Year’s Eve + November and May holidays
- b) 2 weeks + one day on Fridays to make a long weekend.
- c) climate change: go from winter to summer
Taking a month off is a bad idea.
- Replace rest and switch
On vacation, alternate between rest and shift. Vacation is a passive scenario, like lying on the beach and reading a book. Switching is an active option that gives a vivid impression: explore the monuments, play volleyball.
The most important changeover should take place at the beginning of your holiday – you need to switch from work. That’s why we first “pump” ourselves up with a switchover to get the working problems out of our heads, then we rest passively, and so we alternate until the end of vacation.
A passive rest of one or two days is mandatory before going to work. Otherwise, you will go to work broken, restless.
- About money
A good rest isn’t necessarily expensive. The main thing here is not to agree to the first version of the “all-inclusive” series.
- a) Choose a higher quality for the same money. Foreign resorts often cost as much or cheaper than domestic ones.
- b) Always look for a life style holiday. You can save on everything: flights, hotels, excursions. The easiest thing is to buy tickets in advance (for airplanes, concerts).
- c) Think of non-standard scenarios. For example, find options for recreation for 3 euros a day, travel to off-season.
- d) Do something with your own hands. Remember, maybe you like to draw or pick mushrooms in the woods? It’s almost free.