The first date is a very exciting thing for both girls and guys. In addition to concerns about your appearance, what do you want to talk about? Let me say at once that there are no universal topics for conversation. Everything is very individual and depends on many factors that are determined by the initial data. Much depends on the status, age and nature of your relationship, from the age, mannerisms and upbringing. One thing if you and your chosen one – adults, serious people, age 30 +, recently met at the theater or at an exhibition, and another thing – if you are both young students – first-year classmates, in fact, yesterday’s schoolchildren, and even living in adjoining dorm rooms! Communication slang and topics of conversation in both cases are very different. Let’s just take a look at the different examples for clarity.
1.Students – classmates Let’s call this category of “acquaintances” with the general expression “students – classmates”. Of course, this category includes not only classmates, but also young people who are in the same company, or have known each other for a long time. Age we consider mostly young – up to 23 years. Of course, if you have common acquaintances or common friends, you have a lot of topics to talk about. If you are in the same company or a study group of an educational institution, you don’t have to think up topics for conversation. Chances are, you both have a lot of experiences together and similar experiences and feelings from them. In the comfort of a cafe or on a walk, topics will come up by themselves, and the conversation will be easy and relaxed. We do not have to banal to discuss the weather and the political situation in the world (which, incidentally, should not be done).
By discussing mutual acquaintances and past time together, everyone will express their feelings, add their opinions, give examples from life, thus, you will get to know each other closer and closer. With each date topics of conversation will be found by themselves, and dates will be more and more relaxed. Very soon, going on another date, neither of you will think to bother with the topic of conversation.
2. It is quite different if you have met recently, and there are no common topics of conversation yet. When getting ready for a date, not only are you scrolling in your head the phrases that you say today, be sure that she, too, most likely, rehearsing the speech. The awkward situation of silence, where you both will have nothing to say, is equally frightening for both of you. What to talk about in these cases? For starters, you just need to relax and try to catch your partner’s mood. You don’t have to both of you frantically choose topics to talk about. Often one of the partners (usually a representative of the stronger half of mankind) takes over this mission, the girl in this case should only skillfully maintain the conversation. Now let’s find out what we can talk about on a date with a girl, and what topics should not be raised.
Topics for conversation
Discuss your preferences for a date (share your impressions of cozy cafes and restaurants, squares, parks, exhibitions, and theaters). This way you can choose the location of your next date. If you met in a cafe or restaurant, you can discuss your taste preferences. Hobbies, hobbies are a great topic of conversation. Vacations and beautiful places where you vacationed. If the topics are not closed or unpleasant – you can talk about your family, parents, remember funny cases from childhood or adult life. Humor is the main helper on a date, laughter relieves tension and stiffness, promotes relaxation, brings people together. If the date is not the first, and you are close enough to each other, you can tell each other how you were afraid of the first date, and what embarrassment happened to you – it’s also a hell of a rapprochement and fun for both.
1.Do not tell your chosen one about your former girlfriends. Remember, no woman will not be delighted by the fact that a man, asking her out, talking about other women! No matter what the status of these girls in your life – gave the occasional sex, cohabitated with you, or were a legitimate “wife”, to tell your new lady of the heart is not necessary. She will be equally uncomfortable hearing how wonderful they were and you loved them, or how bitchy they turned out to be and how you hate them now! Never tell one woman about another woman on a date. It’s a losing topic of conversation, and it will leave nothing but an unpleasant residue in your soul.
2. If you start to tell her about her sexy body and what you dream to do with her in bed, she won’t be pleased either. It’s vulgar, rude and vulgar. No normal woman with a sense of dignity would tolerate such a blatant outrage! Of course, if you have long been in an intimate relationship, and then suddenly had a burning desire, of course, you can discuss this. But if this is one of the first dates, then this topic of conversation should not be actively developed.
3. Don’t tell the lady about your problems in life – how you hate your job, your colleagues and boss, how you have a small salary. After listening to your complaints, she may conclude that you are a whiner and pessimist and need to stay away from you.
4. No need to hint to her that the restaurant is expensive and your lunch (dinner) “will cost” him. Otherwise, she will conclude that you are a greedy bore, and you are saving on her since the first days of acquaintance. This is likely to offend her, and alienate her from you.
5. It is not worth discussing politics, government and power because a girl may have diametrically opposed views on all of the above, and you will not agree in your views from the very first minutes of communication. Why create such difficulties?
Such topics can be discussed later. After all, she may not be interested in politics or economics at all. In that case, she will be bored and uninterested. So when discussing a new topic, always analyze your partner’s reaction. Given that you are a representative of the stronger half of mankind, a male, the lady expects you to set the direction of the date! Be natural, relaxed and calm. Ask unobtrusive questions to the girl, let her tell you about herself, her hobbies. No less important is the look! After all, the eyes, as you remember, the mirror of the soul! Look into her eyes and try to guess what she does not want to tell you yet… A lot depends on how the first date will go. Try to make sure that it was not the last, and she wanted to meet you again.
Often the first date serves as an indicator by which young people draw certain conclusions about whether or not they should continue in an incipient relationship. To be as natural and real as possible – this is the best model of behavior on a date, because wearing masks and drawing ourselves completely different person, we deceive the partner, thus deceiving ourselves in the ghostly prospects of building initially toxic and deceitful relationship!