In autumn you can find pumpkins of all varieties, shapes and sizes in the markets. We tell you what is useful and how you can lose weight with a pumpkin. And we also share an excellent seasonal recipe.
The gourd contains a lot of vitamins
Pumpkin contains many vitamins: C, PP, A, E, K, D, B vitamins. Vitamin K is a rare substance that is involved in the synthesis of bone tissue and improves blood production. Vitamin D improves the absorption of food and facilitates the absorption of nutrients, and B vitamins have sedative properties and strengthen the immune system.
– Pumpkin is a light, healthy diet product that will help you lose weight. Due to its high potassium content, the gourd is good for the heart, strengthens blood vessels, and relieves swelling. Therefore, it is indispensable for people with cardiovascular disease. In terms of iron content, gourd is superior to the best varieties of apples.
- The gourd speeds up the metabolism
Pumpkins contain unique vitamin T – it is difficult to find it in other products. Combined with microelements, this vitamin has the maximum health effects: it accelerates metabolism and helps the body to better absorb nutrients from food.
– Vitamin T absorbs heavy food and prevents obesity. That’s why it is recommended to eat pumpkin for everyone who watches his weight or wants to lose extra pounds.
- The pumpkin is good for the heart and blood vessels
Folic and ascorbic acids are responsible for strong immunity and health of the circulatory system. And potassium and magnesium support the health of the heart. According to the study, the pumpkin has anti-inflammatory properties, prevents the development of diabetes and prevents the entry of carcinogens from the environment into the body cells.
– The pumpkin is rich in useful substances. For example, pectin removes cholesterol from the body. Pumpkin juice helps with constipation, and decoction of pumpkin flowers is effective when there are wounds. Pumpkin is also used as a diuretic.
- Pumpkin contains a lot of valuable fiber
In combination with pectin, the pumpkin perfectly cleans the digestive system, removes excess cholesterol, cleanses blood vessels. The pumpkin is better eaten raw or baked, so it retains more fiber and good value.
And here’s the recipe.
Classic pumpkin pie
Autumn spicy dessert, which includes nothing extra.
Pumpkin (baked) 300 г
Sugar (cane) 150 г
Cinnamon 2 pp.
Flour (wholemeal) 2 glasses
Opener 1 tsp.
Grind the baked gourd in a blender to a homogeneous condition.
In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin puree with flour, sugar, cinnamon, leavening agent and vanilla.
Place the ready dough in the mould and bake for 30-40 minutes at 180 degrees. Bon appetite!